Welcome to the Heartburn Treatment Center
Heartburn? There is something you can do about it. Help is here.
The Heartburn Treatment Center at Twin County Regional Hospital is offering the latest in accurate testing, medical therapies, and minimally invasive surgery for the treatment of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), Acid Reflux Disease or more commonly known as "heartburn."
With a single call you can be on your way to enjoying life again. No physician referral is needed. The Heartburn Treatment Center is here to provide easy access for complete heartburn care. At TCRH, we can provide the treatment and services you need right here at home from the people who care about you most.
What is Heartburn? You feel "heartburn" when stomach acid moves up into the "food pipe" also known as the esophagus. This happens when the valve or "gate" between the esophagus and stomach is not functioning correctly. Heartburn is the most common symptom of a disease called GERD.
GERD is a chronic form of heartburn that occurs 2 or more times a week. GERD affects 18 million Americans and only half who suffer from heartburn seek medical help. If left untreated GERD can damage the esophagus and possibly lead to esophageal cancer. GERD is a lifetime disease requiring continuous therapy or surgery to control symptoms and prevent complications.
Symptoms of GERD include:
- Frequent heartburn
- Chronic sore throat or hoarseness
- Difficulty sleeping or lying flat
- Bitter or sour taste in mouth
- Difficult or painful swallowing
- Persistent cough or wheezing
- Chest pain not cardiac related
- Abdominal Pain
- Burping up/belching
The Heartburn Treatment Center offers a full range of diagnostic services and therapies including:
- Upper Endoscopy - Procedure used to evaluate the condition of the tissue in your esophagus and stomach and to assess any damage caused by GERD
- Esophageal Manometry - Procedure used to measure pressures in the esophagus and provides information about its function.
- pH Monitoring - study used to record the actual acid levels (pH) in the esophagus. The information is used to establish whether or not GERD is the cause of your symptoms. Therapies offered:
- Patient education regarding lifestyle modifications and medication therapy.
- Medical therapy - Our team of physicians are highly knowledgeable in the proper use of medication therapy and can help you make decisions on medication’s benefits and expense.
- Minimally invasive surgery - performed to correct the “bad” anatomy that causes GERD. Involves several small incisions resulting in less pain, a quick recovery, and only an overnight stay in the hospital.
- Incorporation of New Therapies - The Heartburn Treatment Center Team continuously evaluates and incorporates new therapies.
If you or someone you know suffers from heartburn, please feel free to contact the Heartburn Treatment Center at 1.800.496.GERD for additional information.
If you have a problem with heartburn, we can help
The Heartburn Treatment Center Of Twin County Regional Hospital
The Heartburn Treatment Center
Twin County Regional Hospital
200 Hospital Drive
Galax, VA 24333
Hours: (M-F) 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Find a Doctor
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Drive
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology
- Chest Pain
- Emergency Department
- Laboratory Services
- Occupational Health/WorkPoint Wellness
- Patient Accounting
- Sleep Medicine
- Speakers Bureau
- Stroke Awareness - Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Volunteer Services
- Wellness Center
- Women’s Services