Welcome to Twin County Regional Home Health
It's good to be home
Home Health, a service of Twin County Regional Hospital, has a full professional staff available to make home visits and to assist with the management of your care at home. Working with your doctor, our qualified staff will plan, coordinate and provide care tailored to your individual needs.
Skilled Nursing Care by a registered or licensed practical nurse based on a doctor's orders. Services include:
- Providing treatments and procedures that require specialized nursing skills to patients from Pediatrics to Geriatrics.
- Instructing the patient and/or family in the nursing care needs of the patient in the home.
- Administering intravenous medications and instructing patient and/or family in administration.
- Reporting a patient's condition to the physician on an ongoing basis.
Home Health Aides to assist with personal care under the direction of a registered nurse. Services include:
- Assisting with bathing and maintaining personal hygiene and the patient care area.
- Preparing a meal when indicated.
- Assisting the patient with a home exercise program as instructed by the therapist.
- Reporting changes in the patient's condition to the Home Health Nurse.
Such services do not include:
- Heavy cleaning chores or general errands.
- Baby-sitting duties.
Speech Therapy by a licensed speech pathologist for the management of communication disorders. Services include:
- Evaluating speech, hearing, and language problems.
- Planning and initiating treatment programs
- Instructing patient, family, and other health team personnel in the methods of speech and language improvement.
Physical Therapy by a registered therapist/licensed physical therapy assistant to restore the patient to the highest level of physical functioning possible. Services include:
- Evaluating the patient's level of physical functioning.
- Treating patient to develop or maintain maximum mobility.
- Instructing patient, family and other health personnel in the methods, equipment, and plan of care in relation to physical therapy goals.
Occupational Therapy by a registered occupational therapist/licensed Occupational therapy assistant to improve physical, mental, and social functioning of the patient. Services include:
- Evaluating activities of daily living in the home environment and potential for improvement.
- Planning and initiating treatment programs.
- Instructing patient, family in equipment usage.
- Working with family and patient to analyze household management routines.
Medical Social Services by a qualified social worker to help the patient and family adjust to illness and treatments and to refer patient to community resources when appropriate. Services include:
- Assessing the patient's ability to cope with medical, emotional, and environmental problems related to illness and recovery.
- Helping the family understand and accept the services required to aid patient recovery.
- Assisting members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors relating to health and treatment problems.
- Coordinating available community resources as needed.
- Assisting with Living Wills and Durable Power of Attorney.
It's good to be home
Twin County Home Health
Post Office Box 70
818 Glendale Road, Suite 1
Galax, VA 24333
Hours: (M-F) 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Find a Doctor
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Drive
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology
- Chest Pain
- Emergency Department
- Heartburn Treatment
- Home Health
- Laboratory Services
- Occupational Health/WorkPoint Wellness
- Patient Accounting
- Sleep Medicine
- Speakers Bureau
- Stroke Awareness - Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Volunteer Services
- Wellness Center
- Women’s Services